Subclass 101

Child Visa


Do you have a dependent child that you would like to come live with you in Australia as a permanent resident? You may apply for the child visa subclass 101. This visa allows a child overseas to move to Australia to live with their parents.

Once the visa is granted, the child can live in Australia permanently. They are also permitted to enroll for Australia’s public healthcare scheme. Through this visa, one may also sponsor relatives to come to Australia.

The child may travel to and from Australia for up to five years after the visa is granted.

If you wish to bring an adopted child to Australia, they must be adopted before they turn 18 by a parent who was not an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Eligibility requirements

  • The dependent child must be of a parent who is an Australian citizen, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or who holds an Australian permanent visa
  • The dependent child must either be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
  • The child must be single and dependent on the parent
  • The child must meet the health and character requirements.


When applying for this visa, the child must be outside Australia. The application cost of this visa is $2,710, and takes about 17 to 29 months.

Translate »